I saw This Awesome Busy board idea on pinterest the other day. Yea I know the website is not in English but the picture really said it all! So I decided to make an English "I need my kids to be still on separate couches for a few minutes" rendition of the busy board. I went to the local hardware store and browsed until I found enough to fill up two boards. This project costed me about 15 dollars per board...but honestly the time my kids spend quietly playing with these is priceless! Here is one of the boards and when the other one is completed I will post that picture as well.
I plan on making a pillow bottom for the boards to provide cushion for little laps for long car rides and such.

Please excuse the photography :)
Also, here are some tips if you are serious about making one of these boards:
-The door stoppers are by far the favorite thing for both my kids. It was also the cheapest thing I bought for the board and I am thinking about making a whole board filled with door stoppers :) if you have babies, be sure the tips can't come off as they are perfect for choking on. If they can come off...consider using superglue to bind it to the spring.
-drill holes with a drill bit before actually screwing anything down as it makes it much easier for the screws to be drilled into the holes
-for a lap board, be sure you get wood that is not too thick and not too heavy for the obvious reason of little laps can't take much weight for very long
-be creative and think about things around the house that YOUR kids like to play with but maybe aren't allowed to. (I.E. Door stoppers, locks, switches)
-don't put too much on one board as it can be overwhelming if they have too much to do all at one time.
I plan on making a pillow bottom for the boards to provide cushion for little laps for long car rides and such.
Please excuse the photography :)
Also, here are some tips if you are serious about making one of these boards:
-The door stoppers are by far the favorite thing for both my kids. It was also the cheapest thing I bought for the board and I am thinking about making a whole board filled with door stoppers :) if you have babies, be sure the tips can't come off as they are perfect for choking on. If they can come off...consider using superglue to bind it to the spring.
-drill holes with a drill bit before actually screwing anything down as it makes it much easier for the screws to be drilled into the holes
-for a lap board, be sure you get wood that is not too thick and not too heavy for the obvious reason of little laps can't take much weight for very long
-be creative and think about things around the house that YOUR kids like to play with but maybe aren't allowed to. (I.E. Door stoppers, locks, switches)
-don't put too much on one board as it can be overwhelming if they have too much to do all at one time.
No comments:
Post a Comment