Romans 8:28-30
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to beconformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
James 4:8
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you..."
There is a lot of hard stuff going on in the world today. Natural disasters, deaths, famines, drought, economic woes, wars, rumors of wars, and then smaller things in comparison such as car troubles, sickness, aches and pains of life and kids in need of constant training. I am convinced that these things which are out of our control are works of God. For those of us who believe on Christ's Blood as atonement for sin these things are meant to work for GOOD that we may be conformed into the image of His Son!
Let's take marriage for example. Something we can see. You know those couples that seem so in love? you know the ones: he opens the door for her and she promptly blushes and thanks him, they sit on the same side of the booth at a restaurant, they are beaming with joy to be together, she doesn't even need a menu because he knows her so well he just orders for her, and she...o she can't stop smiling, she cuts up his meat for him, she refills his drink for him because she would NEVER let another woman do what she loves to do (serve him) and I could go on forever. And you know the thing I find so interesting about couples like that (and I know you have too) is that they often times look alike...like they could pass for siblings! And usually, they are older couples who have really LIVED life together. They have had to suffer together, be restored together, laugh together, cry together, rest together...etc..
I think that is God's picture of Christ and His bride...the church. The more intimate fellowship we have with Christ the more and more we will begin to look like Him. Now this will not come easy just as marriage does not come easy. It is work, it hurts sometimes and we make ourselves vulnerable but the fruit that comes from all that is sweeter than any plum I have ever tasted.
I think that is God's picture of Christ and His bride...the church. The more intimate fellowship we have with Christ the more and more we will begin to look like Him. Now this will not come easy just as marriage does not come easy. It is work, it hurts sometimes and we make ourselves vulnerable but the fruit that comes from all that is sweeter than any plum I have ever tasted.
Life is hard...for the purpose of drawing us near to God that we may be conformed into HIS IMAGE.
No comments:
Post a Comment