You know how some days you just wish you had gotten up earlier? Well the past few weeks I have been thinking that but im not quite sure how practical it would be to wake up before the following scenerio (occuring at about 4:30 or 5:00 am): wake up to a screaming newborn who wants to nurse and a two year old with her hands on both sides of my face whispering, "momma get up". It doesn't sound so bad in hindsight but when in the midst of it...its quite possibly the worst way to wake up! Well this has been the case with me for about the past 2 weeks. I want to get up before the rest of the house for several reasons. 1) Prov 31:15 "she rises while it is yet night to provide food for her household and portion for her maidservants. 2) Psalm 119:147 "I rise before the dawning and cry for help; I hope in Your word. 3) Isaiah 50:4 " the Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that i should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to hear as the learned." At first I just got frustrated and mad when that didn't happen and then the Lord (thru a dear friend) reminded me that "He knows our sitting down and our rising up" Psalm 139:2. Even our children's sitting down and rising up! Psalm 3:5 says I lay down at night and I awoke because the Lord sustained me. When my children wake up, I need to be thankful to the Lord because He sustained them through the night!
Another friend reminded me that our children are only this age once...so enjoy it while you have it!
"Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks.
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
No comments:
Post a Comment